Department of Chemistry

Graduate Application Instructions for Domestic Applicants

A Domestic Applicant is a US citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.

The priority deadline for the submission of all application materials for domestic applicants wishing to begin graduate studies in Fall 2018 is December 15, 2017.

Applications completed after December 15th will be reviewed until the class is full.

A complete application to the PhD program in Chemistry consists of the following:

  1. Texas A&M University Application on
    Note: You will not be able to edit or update any portion of the application after submission.
  2. Statement of Purpose (Answered as the Essay portion on your ApplyTexas application.)
    What is a Statement of Purpose?
  3. Transcripts PDF copies of transcripts must be uploaded via the Applicant Information System (AIS) portion of the Howdy Portal. Official transcripts can be submitted electronically to the Office of Admissions via SPEEDE, PARCHMENT, eScript-SAFE or National Clearing House. Please do not send paper transcripts for application review.
  4. Three Letters of Recommendation. Please request letters from your recommenders by using the Electronic Letter of Recommendation system (eLOR) via the Applicant Access portion of the Howdy Portal.
    How do I use the eLOR System?
  5. GRE Scores. The Texas A&M University code is 6003 and the Department of Chemistry code is 0301. You may upload a complete score report to the AIS portion of the Howdy Portal.
    More information about GRE scores
  6. GRE-Chemistry score. GRE-Chemistry scores are strongly recommended for all applicants, however scores are only required of applicants with non-US undergraduate degrees or undergraduate degrees in subjects other than chemistry. Please note the limited number of GRE-Chemistry test dates.
    More information about Chemistry GRE scores
  7. CV. Upload your CV directly via the Applicant Access portion of the Howdy Portal.
    What is a CV?
  8. Application Fee. This fee is waived for US citizens, permanent residents and international students who have completed an undergraduate degree in the US. Please choose "pay by check" to cue Admissions to waive the fee.

Still have questions?

See our FAQ